The Department of Transitional Assistance recently created a tool to help SNAP recipients find Healthy Incentives Program (HIP) farm vendors near them, making safe, healthy shopping options more accessible. The tool can be found on the DTA website at https://dtafinder.dtadash.ehs.mass.gov/
SNAP recipients residing in areas with winter HIP vendors should have already received texts and DTA Connect alerts to connect them with this new resource.
The DTA Finder is an interactive map that allows you to search up-to-date HIP locations.
Some of its features include:
· Search for locations based on when they are open.
· Search for vendors in specific areas.
· Search by availability of services such as curbside pickup and delivery, among other distribution options.
· View the names of HIP farms who sell at a farmers’ market—note that not all farms at farmers markets process HIP.
· Export search results in Excel.
· See information about HIP vendors, including a description, contact info, products, and images.
· Navigate to HIP location addresses using Google Maps
· A mobile friendly user-interface available in five languages.
Additional HIP resources:
· Tutorials on how to use the DTA Founder on both mobile and desktop devices can be found in English and Spanish on the Department of Transitional Assistance’s YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_n1K7RwkdU&list=PLSW8xUZNyCA4RR87J3k8QwY0Y6Pk3sh_7&ab_channel=MassachusettsDepartmentofTransitionalAssistance
· The DTA’s HIP webpages have been updated to include more information about HIP, step-by-step instructions on how to use HIP at different types of vendors, and informational flyers.
· For help using HIP or the DTA Finder tool, please contact the DTA Assistance Line at 1-877-382-2363 or Project Bread’s FoodSource Hotline at 1-800-645-8333.
· Vendors and community partners can contact the HIP mailbox at DTA.HIP@mass.gov with questions concerning HIP or the DTA Finder tool.